Nevertheless, YouTube is a massive platform and is the world s second largest search engine after Google, which includes YouTube videos in search results. You can choose to be paid via direct deposit (not available in all countries) or check—direct deposit is the fastest method and has no fee. A video with 500 views would have earned roughly $3. Also be sure to set up your individual channel settings so if one video becomes popular visitors can easily find related videos you’ve created bitcoin ads cpm. More views means more money in your pocket. There is a 45/55 split for all content creators, so Google keeps 45 percent of all YouTube advertising on your videos, and you get the remaining 55 percent. Enabling ads on your YouTube videos requires agreeing to Google’s ad revenue share for YouTube. The Bottom Line Individuals and businesses make millions of dollars through YouTube advertising, but there are risks to using a platform controlled by another company. Videos containing copyrighted music do not earn revenue for the video creator, and some topics may not attract advertisers. If you’re having trouble getting views, try to be creative on where you share your videos. Promote your content on social networks, to family and friends, on blogs, Tumblr (YHOO), and any other possible digital outlet. Either way, you are required to pay income tax on your earnings.
In 2013, the average cost per thousand (CPM) for YouTube was $7. Earning with YouTube is easy, but making big money with the platform can be a challenge. A video like Gangnam Style with a billion views would earn $7 bitcoin ads cpm. Enabling monetization requires accepting YouTube’s advertising guidelines and connecting to an AdSense account for payment. Here is how YouTube ad revenue works and how to get started making money though the platform. Not only is there a chance that a change in Google s search algorithms could make or break video traffic, but Google also takes a hefty 45 percent cut of revenue from video advertising. Some videos earn a higher or lower than average rate depending on the video content. Most internet browsers think of YouTube (GOOG) as a place to waste time, watch silly clips or the latest music video. A smaller group thinks of YouTube as a central part of their online income strategy. Others have a strong draw from advertisers and drive up the CPM. Once your video is online, you need people to watch it. Targeting an audience with an interest in your type of content works better than trying to appeal to a general audience, so you may find better results from a Facebook (FB) group, sub-Reddit or forum about the specific topic.